Bail Reform Affecting Municipal Courts
During the second special legislative session of 2021, the Texas Legislature passed and Governor Abbott signed SB 6 enacting bail reform in several areas including substantive and procedural law, required training, and resources. This session will highlight the most significant and notable changes of which municipal judges need to be aware.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
List substantive and procedural changes enacted by this bill passed during the Second Special Legislative Session of the 87th Texas Legislature relating to municipal court and municipal judges’ roles as magistrates;
Identify the different effective dates of various relevant provisions; and
Discuss best practices and methods for implementing procedural changes required by the new legislation.
Details and Instructions: **NEW INFORMATION - READ CAREFULLY**
Webinars last approximately one hour and will begin at 10:00 a.m. sharp. To view the webinar, you must log into the TMCEC Online Learning Center. Please follow these instructions to login:
- Go to register.tmcec.com.
- Once on the home page, find the log-in box in the upper left side of the page.
- Enter your TMCEC username and password and click Login. If you do not have your TMCEC login information, call us at 800.252.3718; you may or may not receive your login information in time to view this webinar, but once you receive your login information, you will be able to view all future webinars as well as archived webinars.
- Once you're logged in, select the OLC tab from the options at the top of the page. Then select the webinar from the list of Available Online Courses.
- Follow the steps to register for the course.
- This will automatically redirect you to the appropriate webpage to complete the course.
- Check out instructions for the new OLC under the "Announcements" tab.
We strongly encourage everyone interested in participating to log into the OLC before the upcoming webinar to get comfortable navigating the site and to troubleshoot if necessary.