Board of Directors of the State Bar of Texas
Nov 03, 2019
The State Bar of Texas is governed by a board of directors with 46 voting members from across the state who volunteer their valuable time and professional experience. The voting members include:
- 3 officers elected statewide by State Bar members (president, president-elect, and immediate past president),
- 30 attorneys elected from 17 geographical districts,
- 6 public (non-attorney) members appointed by the Supreme Court,
- 4 at-large directors appointed by the State Bar president, and
- 3 officers elected statewide by Texas Young Lawyers Association members (president, president-elect, and immediate past president).